So a few weeks ago I was craving chocolate chip cookies. I could make a mean batch of cookies when I was 12, but for some reason, I haven't really had time or made some cookies just for myself since high school.
I guess I was a little out of practice; you can see this batch doesn't look so hot.
Why? I can sometimes be a little bit of a Scrooge. I didn't want to waste ingredients/extra cookies, so I only made half a batch. In doing so, I accidently put in twice the amount of salt. I didn't want to waste flour, so by the time I mixed everything up, I figured the dough looked fine, albeit a tad bit soft. After all, wasting food is wasting money. I didn't want to waste TIME while I was cooking, so I crammed all the cookies on to one cookie sheet. In addition, I called up Dave's mom to talk with her on the phone and the cookies stayed in the oven for 16 minutes.
What I ended up with was a pan of burnt, salty cookies whose texture was more like crackers. But Dave and I still ate every single one. Perhaps I did because I didn't want to waste any.
Here is a picture of the batch of cookies I made the following week. I didn't skimp, and I stayed off the phone while they were in the oven. I froze the other half of the dough in the freezer (I learned from a friend it's easy to thaw and have fresh cookies quick :) They turned out a LOT better.
What I ended up with was a pan of burnt, salty cookies whose texture was more like crackers. But Dave and I still ate every single one. Perhaps I did because I didn't want to waste any.
Here is a picture of the batch of cookies I made the following week. I didn't skimp, and I stayed off the phone while they were in the oven. I froze the other half of the dough in the freezer (I learned from a friend it's easy to thaw and have fresh cookies quick :) They turned out a LOT better.
2 comments:
Hello my lovely,
You make me laugh! Everyone can relate to "adjusting" a recipe and getting caught trying to mulit-task. Your second batch looks wonderful. Love you AND miss you..MOM
That's awesome! I'm not surprised that Dave ate both batches!
Post a Comment