
The great thing about prenatal vitamins is that it makes your hair thick and grow really fast. But about 2 weeks after Mason was born I was getting SO sick of my hair always back in a ponytail or bun or taking forever to dry. For about 5 days I was rolling the idea around in my head on how I could easily cut my hair myself (I should have known better--I have heard how many many many people make this mistake and regret it). But I decided that if I pulled it back into a ponytail and then made one nice clean cut, it would be short and layered. And it could still all obviously be pulled back into a ponytail. Easy peasy.
And then I further decided that if I had DAVID cut it, he could easily see a straight angle from the back. So one night David gets home from school and I announce to him that he is going to cut my hair. He obviously is a little surprised and tells me several times he thinks it's a bad idea and he thinks I should go to someone else to get it cut. But I had already been thinking about it for so long and I was SO ready for it to all go, that I convinced him to try it.
The scissors we used were not the best. He starts cutting, and it's not the one clean cut I had imagined. About halfway through my ponytail I get a terrible, scared feeling in my stomach that this was indeed a bad idea. A little late for that. We get done and after looking it over, we agreed that I needed to get help as soon as possible. After talking about it for a while, we decided it would be okay if we splurged so I could visit a cute salon in Old Market, just for a fun experience and to get out of the house. David took the next afternoon off to watch Mason and I headed out! Here is the final product:
I was very glad that the stylist, Jim, was able to save my hair!
At Mason's 2 week visit he was 8.5 pounds (in the 31th percentile) and 22 1/4 inches long (in the 91th percentile). He definitely has David's body!
David's mom and sister came out to help us for a few days earlier this month. They were great and it was so fun to see them! They also got to see a little bit of Omaha and Kansas City. Thanks you guys!
9 comments:
i am so sorry about your haircut story, at least it turned out cute! You look AWESOME by the way.
Love that picture of David and Mason.
you are very brave to let dave cut your hair! one thing i've learned is how important a good hair cut is...at least for my hair. you should get chelsea winterholler to cut your hair next time. she always did a good job on my hair and i bet she'd give you a good deal since she knows dave. :)
mason is adorable! i can't decide which one of you i think he looks like more...but he's a cutie!
Your hair looks so cute! I have to admit, with all the build up I was expecting much much shorter. :)
Cute hair! And cute kid!
Wow! I didn't know Dave was a hair stylist! I am glad you got it fixed and I laughed just picturing Dave cutting your hair! That makes for a fun memory!
Such cute pictures of Mason!! I laugh every time I think of you with a ponytail and David with the what....kitchen scissors?????
Oh, by the way, could you re-inact that and take a picture for our Christmas video?? :)
I do like your new style! Very nice.
So fun to be with all of you last week....we are sending along some more pics today!!
Love you all!!
Your hair is so cute! Are you sure you didn't plan to have it messed up so that you'd have an excuse to go to a fancy salon? JK Little Mason is just so cute, I know I keep saying it but I just can't help it.
Lauged 'til I cried! What a great story. Can't tell you how many times I have begged Dana to cut my hair. Think we've all been that desperate! Funny what a baby will do to reason. Darling, sweet little Mason! Can't wait to have a reason to see you all. Love you!
Pictures, updates, pictures, and more pictures.....PLEASE!!!!!
Post a Comment