Sunday, February 20, 2011

ONE YEAR older and wiser too,


Yay Happy Birthday Mason! Mason was kind of sick for his birthday (the usual runny nose, cough, low fever that seems to have hit our neighborhood) but all things considered we had a really fun day. We had crepes for breakfast and put up some birthday decorations in the morning. I had planned to invite some of Mason's little friends over for a kind of playdate, but since he was sick I didn't want him to spread germs. So we just invited some of our (adult) friends over for cupcakes that afternoon and I'd still like to do a little party for my other friends and their kids a.k.a. Mason's friends later when he's feeling better. We were also able to Skype with both of Mason's grandmas and they saw him try out his new skill--walking! He took his first steps this past Tuesday and he has been slowly getting more confident at letting go of hand supports and striding out. That evening we opened some bday presents--he got some good DVDs and toys and books! Thank you everyone! He loved them all.


(I tried making his birthday sports themed--with baseball, soccer, and football cupcakes with a giant basketball cupcake for Mason . . . I realize I have a lot of room for improvement in my cake decorating skills)


David was our camera man for the birthday cake/song/candle moment. He caught the blowing out of the candle, stopped the video for one second (unfortunately that was the part when Mason touched the frosting) and this is the rest:




Other than that I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day. David took me out on a date which involved going on a treasure hunt via several of our favorite places in Omaha and ended with a dozen roses at our home, and we went out to eat at P.F. Chang's.

3 comments:

Neil and Laura Harper said...

I think your cupcakes looked great! They're just going to get consumed anyway, right?? They look pretty yummy. It looks like such a fun party! Now you need to post a video of Mason taking his first stroll around the house :)
Love and miss you

Brooke and Brighton said...

I can't believe he is one!!! I loved the video and pictures you posted. He is so darn cute I just want to hug him. So you will have to hug him for me. The cupcakes and decorations were super cute! You are such a good mom. Can't wait to see baby Mason walking!

Kirsta and Morian said...

Happy Birthday to Mason (a little late!)