Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Family!

I am always SOOO excited to see family.   Last week my parents and brother Derek actually merged on visits to come see us and we had a great time with everyone! 

 Seeing all the fountains and shops at Country Club Plaza, and eating at Jack Stacks BBQ--I would say it is my current favorite BBQ place to eat at in KC.  It was SO good.
 Kate was a little shy at first but quickly warmed up to Grandma and "Opa." :)
 Derek, Mom and Dad, and us.  We visited a few church sites--this is Far West.  We also visited Historic Liberty Jail (and enjoyed Liberty Days--we got some good corndogs and polish sausages mmMmm), and Haun's Mill (which took us quite a while to get there because the roads were not meant for our Civic or Accord and we kept getting lost but we eventually got there--it is beautiful.)

 Mason especially had a good time at Haun's Mill--running through the woods and finding sticks to drag around, etc.
 Cute Kate at Haun's Mill.

 We couldn't pass up visiting Worlds of Fun!  We got there as soon as it opened on Saturday and Derek and Dad were able to get on all the roller coasters without waiting.  Sad story--the first ride Derek went on he lost his phone :( Services later found his phone and we picked it up . . . but it had had a nasty tumble from The Patriot (roller coaster) and was all cracked.

Riding the Grand Carousel,
And the Viking,
 And Tour-de-Taxi
 A special treat--I got to go to the Women's Conference with my mom!  I always miss going to the RS broadcast with her, so I was so happy to get to this time around.  This is a shot of the new KC temple at night--it is so beautiful.
We had such a good time with everyone.  We can't wait to see more family soon in November for Thanksgiving, as well as seeing future visitors to KC!

Halloween . . . are you ready??


2 comments:

Jenn said...

Heather,
It is SO fun when you post because then I get to see you and your Mom!! Amidst moving for us, new ward, new baby.....it has made me miss your mom even more. I'm so glad you got some time. Your kids are beautiful! Thanks for the update. Much love and hugs from Idaho Falls to you. :o)

Neil and Laura Harper said...

ouSuch fun memories! We loved our time in Kansas City. Looking forward to November! Love you all!