First weekend of August--we went camping with my family, the Harpers, in Idaho. As you can see, it is actually a beauuutiful place. It is a really nice hike in (not too far), too.
We had a great time, but by the time we were done, I had about 20 mosquito bites, and I was kinda miserable because it rained every day we were there. I usually have a great time camping, and we like to go, but I was kinda ready to come home to running water, no bugs, no stuffy/sweaty ponchos, more food than just breads and meat and junk food (although it is kind of fun to just eat junk food for three days).
Here is the whole Harper troop minus Ikey. After a little recuperation, I'm looking forward to next year already.
In the week following our camping trip, I had finals week at BYU for summer term and we were cleaning our apartment and packing up and then moving to David's Grandpa's basement in Salt Lake.
YES! It's true--David is a Ute and I am a Cougar. I start school at the Y on Tuesday, and I have been taking online classes during the break, and David started dental orientation two weeks ago. It hasn't affected our marriage. Much.
After we moved in to Grandpa's, we went back to ID for a Harper family reunion. (With my brother Derek and his wife Talane here visiting from (stinky) Texas, we wanted to get together as much as we could.) We played at the river, did barbeques, had a surprise birthday party for two of my brothers Garrett and Greg (whose birthdays are in Sept and Aug, respectively), and an awesome badminton tournament in the spirit of the Olympics.
This is us while we were doing family pictures with my family that weekend. We don't have any copies of the whole family yet, but we are looking forward to seeing them!
And finally, during a recent weekend, David and I went on the classic date of dinner and a movie. Thanks to Dave's parents for a movie pass in payback for recently installing windows at their home, we went to the movies, and decided to go to The Dark Knight. I knew everything that was going to happen (thanks to wikipedia and friends at work), and closed my eyes during nearly all the scary parts, so I wasn't as scared during the movie as I normally would have been. We both liked the movie, but agreed it was pretty dark.Thanks to my parents for a gift card to a restaurant for being the "Most Improved" award for the badminton tournament, we went to "The Cheesecake Factory" and we loved it. I think it is one of my new favorite places to eat. The food was delicious. I got a lemon-chicken pasta, and Dave got the hamburger, and we split a lemon-raspberry cheesecake. YUMMM!


3 comments:
Wow! Quite the month of August! It's great having you guys so close and hopefully Morian and Kirsta as well!
fun post! see you this weekend!! xoxo
Heather you're such a treat! I love the updates and it was so good to talk to you the other day. Hope you're loving Salt Lake, oh how I miss it! love you!
Post a Comment