Wasn't conference great? I thought a lot of the messages were very timely considering all that has been happening lately.
Monday, October 6, 2008
Anniversary!
So it's not actually our one-year anniversary yet, just our 9 month. (October 2nd) But we still went out to celebrate! We went out to eat at Cafe Rio, because we had enough stamps to get one meal free :) Here is a picture of us with Dave's Grandpa, Theron, as we were heading out the door to eat.
This week, Dave has another killer testing week--five tests and a quiz in five days. He has been getting ready for this week for a while, so hopefully things will turn out well.
During the afternoon session of conference, I made gingerbread Halloween cookies. Michelle Yates (Dave's sister) gave me the idea. When all the men went to the Preisthood session on Saturday night, all the girls got together and hung out for the evening. We made pumpkin cupcakes, among other things, and Michelle was showing me some Halloween cookies that you can make with gingerbread cut-outs and dough; I loved the idea. I went ahead and frosted some pumpkins, ghosts, Frankensteins, and mummies.
Wasn't conference great? I thought a lot of the messages were very timely considering all that has been happening lately.
A few weeks ago, I went to Idaho to start gathering materials for my senior project at BYU--I'm going to do a folklore/historical multi-genre collection of experiences my Grandma and Grandpa Harper have had with cattle, ranching, and farming. Here we are eating at the Outpost Steakhouse in Almo, Idaho. I split a 12 oz. Black Angus steak with my grandma--yum!
Wasn't conference great? I thought a lot of the messages were very timely considering all that has been happening lately.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
your cookies look fantastic!! How did the frosting work out?
Happy 9 months! You guys are really great, it is fun living close to you guys.
Post a Comment