On Halloween, I went to South Salt Lake's senior center with Grandpa and Michelle for pancakes. I also watched The Nightmare Before Christmas (my favorite Halloween movie) and that night, Dave and I went to a Halloween party with some friends. Ever done a murder mystery dinner? It was both of our first time, and we liked it a lot.
Annie, our hostess, made a great dinner. I thought the main dish was perfect for Halloween--it's a rice and beef dish cooked inside a pumpkin for an hour in the oven. I need the recipe because I want to make it next year.
Here is a close up of our costumes. Dave was an (ex)butler (he was fired for stealing), and I was an artist (the dead man's fiance, in fact). Do you like Dave's bowtie? I made it out of cardboard and spray paint I found in Grandpa's basement that is probably a decade old.

It was fun to see so many people dressed up like witches there. I want to do that one year. Item of Interest!!!: If you like Gardener Village, go to their website and tell them when you have a birthday. You can eat at their delicious resteraunt with a friend or spouse and get one meal free. They also always decorate the village really darling for the holidays. I'd like to go there for my birthday dinner and get enjoy all their Christmas decorations.

Some other fun stuff we did for Halloween--I went to Gardener Village with my Mom:
We also carved pumpkins for FHE on Monday. Here is Dave carving his:
We put candles on them on our front porch. In my family, we always have a tradition of making the same face as your pumpkin and taking a picture, but my picture is not very attractive (so you can imagine my pumpkin was a real ghoul) so I'm not posting it, haha.
On Saturday night, we had a Halloween party Part II with all the Yates! We did a mummy wrap, a Halloween recipe invention, ate donuts off a string without hands, and musical chairs. This isn't the best picture, but we did get some good videos of the musical chairs and donut eating. I'll try to see if I can post some later.
5 comments:
I'm so glad you like Nightmare before Christmas!!! I LOVE IT. Adam thinks I'm crazy. Oh and we wanted to send you guys a birth announcement for our little guy, but we need your address. David has failed to write Adam back on facebook, so I'm going through the wife. If you could email it to me at 2mrskd@gmail.com that'd be great. Hopefully we can get together soon, Adam misses his fun with David.
Heather you're so cute! I miss you guys. I think I would like Halloween more if I got to do all the fun stuff you guys did. D and I are so boring. We made bean dip and went to bed at like 9:30. Embarrassing I know! Wish we could have been there for the fun...Oh how i want to go to Gardners Village. I've never been there! Well love you and your post!
Great pics and fun times! Thanks for coming to the murder mystery and dressing up and all that!
you guyes had the best halloween... and thank you so much for having MC hammer on your blog!
Annie
Hey Heather,
Can you send me an email with the pumpkin bread recipe. That was amazing and I can't wait for Erika to try it. That is of course as long it is not a life long family recipe that is protected. Anyway, the address is ccg1125@gmail.com.
Thanks
Post a Comment