Thanksgiving was a lot of fun. Dave and I had a great break from school, first going to Idaho and spending time with my family and grandparents, then spending Thanksgiving and part of the weekend with Dave's family in Salt Lake. The above picture is Friday night--we went to the Gateway and listened to Jon Schmidt welcome Christmas, enjoyed the lights and went shopping.
Things Heather is thankful for:
1. Dave
2. Our families
3. Gospel (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints), especially the rededication of the Mexico City temple. Dave got to be an usher at our stake church house and I attended, too--the broadcast was in Spanish and it was a really great experience. I'm also thankful for Elder Wirthlin and his life and teachings. He will be missed.
4. BYU, and that I graduate in April!
5. Redbox -- movies for $1 a night :) This past break, we watched two--Stardust and Get Smart. Good picks.
6. My health
7. AMERICA. On November fourth, I got to work at a voting place in Salt Lake. It was such a good experience--I loved seeing so many people, in so many stages of life and from different backgrounds come in to vote. I am much more dedicated to voting in the future after seeing others come in when it was so inconvenient for them with family situations, health, or language differences. I'm looking forward to see what happens with Obama as president.
8. My friends. I have been so lucky to have such great friends through school, good roommates, and wards, and that Dave has such good friends.
9. Good food --Thanksgiving was splendid. I think a new favorite kind of pie with me is soda cracker pie. I had it for the first time and loved it.
1 comment:
JEALOUS. I tried to get Adam to take us to the Gateway thing, he said it'd be too crowded. Oh well, maybe next year.
Post a Comment