You can also see a Santa Clause in this picture. I found a LOT of Santas. More pictures of them to come.
Friday, January 16, 2009
Holiday Decor, in case you were curious
For Christmas this year, I started looking through Grandpa's basement to see what decorations he had. Jackpot! Here follows some of my favorite finds:
I LOVE nutcrackers. They look so sharp in their colorful uniforms and even though I know most nutcrackers' aren't meant to actually crack walnuts, I always like to open and close the jaw. Grandpa had several very good dolls, and they were some of the first things I put up. Dave's mom actually gave us a nutcracker this year, and I'm excited to put it up next Christmas!
You can also see a Santa Clause in this picture. I found a LOT of Santas. More pictures of them to come.
I was going to put up my nativity set that I got in Bethlehem last summer, but it was in Idaho when I was decorating and I found this white one in the basement and put it up instead. Grandpa made the reindeer on the sides, and he was excited to see them.
Oh Christmas Tree! Grandpa kept telling Dave and me that he might have a Christmas tree in his garage. We found it in a huge cardboard box and pulled it down. I think the tree is a few decades old, as are the ornaments--I found the ornaments and skirt in the basement, as well as the lights, but everything still worked and the tree turned out really pretty. I liked that it was so old.
And here are two more Santas! There are at least two or three other Santas that I didn't include on the blog, but these ones were special. You could plug them in and they would move and light up.
You can also see a Santa Clause in this picture. I found a LOT of Santas. More pictures of them to come.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment