Here's a few pictures of us the past week--
I wish we would have taken some pictures of our moving truck. Our the mess Grandpa's basement was in as we were packing up. But I only have some pictures of how we have begun to decorate our little home:
We are mostly unpacked; we just need to put tile under our washer & dryer in the basement instead of the carpet, and we need a dresser and some other cupboards/shelves installed throughout the house.
So far in Omaha, (and I'm sorry I don't have pictures for everything) we have visited:
- the Henry Doyle Zoo (one of the best in America)
- the Lauritzen Botanical Garden (just down the street and FREE for Village Green residents = us. Reminds me a lot of Thanksgiving Point in UT)
- the Heartland of America Park (reminds me of Sugarhouse Park except the lake is maybe 3 Xs as big)
- Council Bluffs (also known as Kanesville), where Brigham Young was sustained a prophet and the saints lived for a while
- Winter Quarters, where there is an LDS temple and a cemetary of around 600 pioneers
- And today we are going to Lake Manawa (I think that's the name) with some friends.
One last note:
During his break, Dave decided to try to grow a beard. He grew it for almost two weeks. I wasn't sure if I liked it or not, but when he shaved it all off, I missed it. I think he looks good with a beard.
4 comments:
so glad everything went well with the moving and you guys are loving it out there!
Oh, and I love beards, David does look good with one! He should do it more often.
Hey, this is Chelsea Winterholler, Bryce and Kathleen's friend that will be moving to Omaha soon. We are coming in 6 weeks...it was so fun to read that you are loving it! I can't wait to get there and move into our new house...which is probably like 1/2 block away from you!
heather, omaha sounds amazing! we miss you guys already, lots of change in our ward. they made a karin branch. met david's sister i believe, cute girl. let us know when you guys come back and visit for a month!!
Glad to see you guys are doing well... I keep meaning to give Dave a call.
Post a Comment