Monday, May 11, 2009

Some recent fun times:

I went to Women's Conference at BYU with my mom, grandma, cousin, and two aunts. We had a great time--it was like a years worth of BYU devotionals/forums crammed in to two days. Plus a lot of convenient BYU treats--cougar tails (footlong maple bars), brownies, and my favorite--Creamery ice cream. HIIIGHly recommended. I want to go back next year!
Dave and my newest niece, Lily, was blessed in May--she is darling!
We have absoluetly LOVED the warm weather! We went to the Sugarhouse Park a few days ago and just spent the afternoon running, playing bball, catch, and baseball--I had to run after a lot of David's longer hits.

Other than that, we have had to deal with finals at the University of Utah (good job Dave for finishing the first year of dental school! Whoohoo!), we celebrated Brooke's graduation :D and Mother's Day. WE LOVE OUR MOTHERS. And we have begun to pack for our little trip to Omaha . . .

One downer--we got our car broken into a few weekends ago and my purse was stolen. Yes, it was a pain to replace the window and credit/debit cards and I miss my favorite chapstick and bobby pins and everything else, but I'm over all that. The things that are irreplaceable, that I still feel sick about losing, is my journal that I had in my purse, and tapes and CD recordings of David's Grandpa Yates. These things can't be replaced. Lesson learned--never leave wallets/purses etc out in view in the parked car.

3 comments:

Michael B said...

It's been great seeing you guys so much, we'll miss you when you are in Omaha!

Erika said...

Finding a good maple bar in Kentucky is like pulling teeth! :) (that was a pun for Dave) but really I would give anything for a cougar tail so I'm glad you were able to enjoy one! :)

Annie B said...

A FOOT-LONG maple bar! What?! That sounds giant! BYU does have fantastic treats. I love the loaf of bread that you can get with butter at the cougar eat... delicious carbs!