Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Wenninghoff

Wenninghoff is a farm that sells produce, but during the harvest season, they have a bunch of family activities to enjoy . . . cornmazes, bonfires, hayrides, feeding farm animals, etc. There was a Creighton Women's Dental Association family activity planned there so we were there with a lot of friends and ate hotdogs and s'mores--yummy! I had a BLAST. I really enjoyed looking at the farm animals--it reminded me of home. Not because we have any farm animals growing up, but the place I grew up is really agricultural/dairy/ranch, so it was nice to hear cows again :)

Here's a goat and a chicken. There were some cute rabbits around the corner.

David to the left of the cornmaze and in the middle of the "playground" area for kids. They had so much to do there!

One of my DREAMS when we get our own place is to have a pumpkin patch. Just like this one:

I will let people come and pick up their own pumpkin and I will also sell pumpkin pies, cookies, bread, biscuits, and anything else you can make with pumpkins. Here's me picking out the perfect gourd:

Here is David and me competing who can run over the haybales the fastest. I get handicap points for being womanly and pregnant.





3 comments:

Katie Lane said...

How fun! You look great running across those hay bales.
Too bad you guys aren't here for Halloween. we know you love it and we're having a party halloween night!

Michael B said...

Looks like some fun times in Omaha!

Danna said...

Looks like we need to visit Omaha! Just think - this is the last Halloween without a little person to dress up. Congratulations! I am so excited for you both. What a lucky little gremlin :)
xoxoxo