
I'm going to write a little what David's been up to lately. LOTS of studying. And then for fun, we watch movies for breaks (we recently watched "The Bucket List" and "Flash of Genius"--really liked them both. David watched "Signs" for the first time last night. By himself.), and Dave also plays Halo and basketball every once in while. He has also finished reading "Blink" by Malcolm Gladwell for the second time, and "Freakonomics."
David is a scout leader, and this past weekend they had a campout. I was supposed to get everything packed and ready for him to go because he had to leave for the trip as soon as he got home from school. I DID get him all the materials he needed to pass off for a merit badge, but I forgot the pump to the air mattress and also probably should have thrown in an extra blanket. He had a great time though--he said the leaders and scouts played capture the flag for 4 hours on Friday night, ate a dinner the scouts planned and prepared (tin-foil dinners, beef and potatoe style), and talked by the campfire for a while.
That night was pretty cold I guess--and without the mattress blown up and no sleeping bag, he woke up a few times during the night, finally looked at the clock, and realized he'd only been sleeping for two hours. Long Night. The next morning they completed their merit badge, ate breakfast the scouts planned & prepared, and cleaned up to come home. David was pretty hungry when he got back. But had a great time.
2 comments:
That is awesome that Dave came home hungry! Classic Dave...
Scout leader can be a tough job. And scout leader's wife can be even tougher. It seems like when I pack for Michael I always forget something important.
Post a Comment