Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Celebrating Vday a little early

This past weekend David and I SPLURGED and saw Avatar in 3D at the IMAX. It was a good movie to see that way--I've heard a lot of hype about all the special effects and amazing-ness of the movie, and although I'm no movie buff, I wasn't disappointed (although it DID take my eyes a few minutes to get adjusted to the depth difference). I also heard that the story line was wanting, but I didn't think it was too predictable or shallow. I thought it had a strong pro-strong-marriage message, and respect for deity, hooray! However, I once again wished for a Clearplay that could filter out just a few scenes and some of the language. Other than that, I'd highly recommend the movie.

We also watched Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs a few weeks ago and laughed really hard. Great movie.

3 comments:

Katie Lane said...

We went too, the cost about killed me but so worth it. glad you guys liked it. Gotta get in those last minute dates!

tHaRp said...

Hey, I finally sent your package off yesterday. ....can't wait

Michael B said...

Happ V-Day! Hopefully we will be getting some news of a new baby soon!