Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Big News, Edgar--

We spent the last four weeks visiting family in Utah and Idaho during school break. We loved it!
It was SO great to spend time with old friends. Look at these cuties! Four kiddo teeter totter.We went to St. George with David's old roommates and hiked the narrows--we got a group shot but mine was a video so I need pictures everyone! The water was a lot higher and colder than I remember when we did it two years ago.Eating one of many banana creamsicles with Grandma. They felt really good on his teeth since he had around 3 or 4 teeth (including one molar) come in during the four weeks.Going boating on the Snake RiverHelping Grandpa make homemade vanilla ice cream.
Giving Mason a break to play with the fountains outside the Deseret Book store while we were visiting downtown SLC & temple square.
Utah's state capital building from the top of the LDS church headquarters

Getting haircuts outside while also swimming.

Some favorite things of mine that I just couldn't get enough of while we were there:
Leatherby's Ice Cream parlor. I haven't gone for years for one reason or another, and it was everything I've been dreaming of. Angie's Almond Joy (or Isaiah's Almond Joy) is a delight.
Along the same lines . . . BYU's Creamery Ice cream. Love it.
And while we were at BYU, we just HAD to get a J-Dawg. MMMmmMMMmm!
Cafe Rio. I so wish they could put one in Omaha . . . I've tried Chipotle and it's just not the same . . .
And just seeing family and friends. I got to see quite a few of my cousins and extended family, friends from high school, new babies, etc. We love you all and miss you! We were excited to come back to Omaha though to our little home and see all our friends and neighbors here.

And our big news is . . . . we're pregnant with a new little munchkin and we found out today she's a GIRL! She will arrive around December 16th and we can't wait to see her :)

6 comments:

Chelsea said...

What a fun trip! So glad we were able to see you, David, and Mason. I wish we could do it more often! And you looked so adorable pregnant, congratulations and I am so happy for you guys! She will be one cute little gal for sure. :)

Kirsta and Morian said...

It was so good to see you guys too! I'm glad we got to play a little! And congrats again on the girl! Good luck coming up with a name!

Neil and Laura Harper said...

Fun memories. We had such a good time with all of you! The fountain picture is a great one! We are so happy about your news! December is a great time for baby girls :)
Love you all!!

Marissa said...

I am the only one (besides Devin, maybe) that would know that "BIG NEWS, EDGAR" comes from the Aristocats. I am embarrassed to say. We are so excited for your soon-to-be family of 4!! We had so much fun while you guys were here. Ike and ivy still talk about Mason, and include him in their prayers :) Love you sister.

Michael B said...

Congrats on the girl! It was fun seeing you guys.

Jenn said...

I'm so glad you are finally announcing this!! Your Mom shared awhile ago and I've been waiting and waiting to congratulate you. I have a note that is headed your way as soon as I can find it in all my boxes. :o)