Our ward had a trunk-or-treat on the Friday before Halloween. Mason went as a football player, Kate was a cheerleader, I was a fan, and David was a replacement ref. But we only got pictures of the kids. :(
In our church building there were several stations with games. Mason was a little perturbed by all the costumes but he appreciated the candy and prizes! We did a cake-walk, a fishing game, got some witches brew, and did a donut-eating contest. Mason just marched up and grabbed the donut to eat it.
On Tues, Oct 30 David didn't have to work so we made a Halloween-style dinner. Monster apples, witch fingers, mummy dogs, blood and bones, apple brew, and dirt n' worms. All ideas were from ourbestbites.com. Love that website!
After our spooky dinner, we carved pumpkins.
I tried to carve Skellington Jack on the hill of Nightmare Before Christmas . . .
On Halloween day we had a playgroup and I painted the kids' faces. Mason as zombie and Kate as a kitty. Halloween night we waited for David to come back from work to take the kids trick or treating, but Kate fell asleep so David just took Mason, who wore a Frankenstein mask. We only got 3 trick or treaters! What?? I bought $20 worth of candy. What are we going to do with it all??
Left to right pumpkins: Mason's, Heather's, David's, and Kate's.
Hope you all enjoyed Halloween! Can't wait until next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment