Friday, August 30, 2013

Summer


This summer has been FABULOUS for KC--today is one of the rare days where it hit 100 degrees (unlike last summer, where it was over 100 for weeks).  In fact, I am just not going outside at all day; just staying inside with the A/C, so I thought I would update our blog with some pictures and stories.
 
Kate and Mason love hanging out with Dad after he gets home from a long day at work.
 

Blanket rides before bed!  A riot!  David jokes that Mason probably wishes it were motorcycle rides with Grandpa Harper, but blanket rides are still awesome.  

David built a fort for Mason one day in his room, and Mason went through a fort phase for weeks (he called them a "tent").  The best was that he could string his train tracks underneath and through the tunnels--he thought it was awesome :) Mason is such a good boy--he tries hard to listen to Mom and is helpful by putting his dishes in the sink after meals, cleaning up toys (after MUCH persuasion), and rarely hits or pushes Kate (even when she hits/pushes him over and over).  I love hearing him talk more and more and listen to his reasoning.  (His favorite for not doing something is that he is "too busy.")

Cheese!
Kate is our little sweetie.  Most of the time :) David jokes that when she was born, we thought she would be the angel of the family because she was such a good baby.  However, she gets into her fair share of mischief and drama.  I wouldn't have it any other way.  I love seeing her personality, hearing her voice, and observing her interests. It must be from having an older brother, but she loves playing trains with Mason.  She loves her blanket and her binky, and is a fabulous imitator--repeating words and following Mason's actions (including trying to jump or pretending to go potty).

We went swimming at a friend's house for an Elder's Quorum activity and David was a good sport to pull all the kids on a chain through the water--a good workout!  Coolest Dad Award.  When we were getting ready to go, I took Mason's floaters off and let him dry off . . . a few minutes later he raced back and jumped into the pool.  It was over his head and one of my friends jumped in to grab him--with her cell phone in her pocket :(


Kate recently became tall enough to ride the red airplanes at Snoopyland!  She was so happy.

I took this picture while Kate and I waited at the doctors office during a recent visit.  Kate went in for her 18 month well check (all stats between 75%-90%, so she is growing well, and she got her last round of immunizations until kindergarten--yay!), and I went in for my 28-week well check and glucose test (I think I set a record chugging the glucose liquid--the staff was shocked), and the baby looks healthy!
 I made Halloween costumes for Mason and Kate during a craft day with a friend--I am going to get to mine and David's next month :)
 
Children raising a joyful noise during lunch!  You might want earplugs . . . or just watch the first 15 seconds . . .  I am just glad whenever they get along :)

2 comments:

Jill and Levi said...

Heather! Your family is so cute! I am excited for your family to be growing!! Hope all is well for you guys - Jill

Dahlia Wright said...

SO darling!! It was so fun seeing you guys. Lets all get together again soon. Your kids are so sweet. :)