Our due date is November 12 and so I am sure our next post will be all about the baby. I have actually been feeling pretty good so I won't be surprised if the baby ends up coming closer to the 20th. Here is what we have been up to for the last few months.
Labor Day! We went to a beach at a lake south of Kansas City and the kids had a great time in the sand and water. It was a good sign of our San Diego trip coming up . . . We stayed out too long though in the sun and all got a little burnt.
My mom came to visit us in September and we went to the zoo, a Royals baseball game, and just enjoyed her company. I miss spending time with her and it was fun to have her all to ourselves :) The kids love Grandma and had fun showing her their bedroom and toys and favorite places.
SAN DIEGO!
We had a great time and I don't want to wait another 5 years to go back to the beach! It was heavenly. The highlight was getting to spend time with all of David's family--my only regret was that we didn't have even more time together.
We got family pictures taken at the beach and right before the camera started shooting, Kate ran out and jumped in the waves. I didn't get any pictures frame-worthy. Oh well!
After family pictures we went to a really cool isolated beach that had seals and dolphins swimming just out of reach.
Kate was content to just sit by me in the sand and play. I loved it.
I had been to the Mormon Battalion visitors center years ago with my family but they have since redesigned it and our kids loved it there! It was very cool.
Panning for gold
We went to Sea World and enjoyed all the shows; Mason and David went on most of the rides, and we got to enjoy seeing all the aquatic animals.
A crazy story--David got stung by a sting-ray at the beach! We learned from the lifeguard that when you get stung by a sting-ray, all you can do for it is soak the injury in hot water. That will break down the protein-poison so you don't feel pain; otherwise, it is pretty excruciating. Good to know.
Right after we got back from our San Diego trip, I went to Omaha to see some friends who were traveling there for a get-together. So good to catch up with everyone!
HALLOWEEN
I love Halloween. This year we were battling colds and being almost 9 months pregnant, I didn't feel the usual holiday festivity; we almost didn't even go trick-or-treating. But we did enjoy the month.
Trick or treating and playing games at Worlds of Fun--can you tell who is who?
We dressed up as Monsters Inc characters at our ward's trunk-or-treat (David = Sullivan, Me = Roz "I'm watching you Wazowski . . . always watching," Mason = Mike Wazowski, and Kate = "Boo"). I hung up doors on our Pilot and played the soundtrack from the movie. There were only a handful of people that "got it" but whenever a kid said, "That's Boo's door!" it made all the effort worth it :)
We had some friends invite us to their neighborhood for REAL trick-or-treating, since there isn't a whole lot that goes on here at our townhouses. The kids got plenty of candy that will last them for a while!
2 comments:
Yay LOVE the update! Love seeing all those cute pics! You are the most beautiful pregnant person I know, i feel like you could be one of the women on the cover of pregnancy magazines! Can't wait to meet the next great Yates! :)
I love your pictures on the beach, you looked great! I also love your love for Halloween :)
Post a Comment