Tuesday, September 29, 2015

August

Kate had a nail-painting party with some friends in July, so Mason had a pool-party with some friends in August.  I didn't get any pictures, but he had a great time with his friends from preschool!  We had a back-to-school pool party with our neighborhood and the kids LOVED getting their faces painted, swimming with friends, and getting balloons.


Mason started Kindergarten on August 18th. We mostly drive, sometimes walk him to school.  I love having the elementary school so close.  There were a few days at the beginning where he was teary-eyed going to school; Kindergarten is all day, every day and it took some getting used to.  It is always nice to go in and eat lunch with him, and once I had to pull the "Mason has a dentist appointment" trick once to get him out of school early and we went to visit David at his office.  We all got check-ups and M and K enjoyed using the dental tools.



IOWA STATE FAIR

 

 

We to Iowa and stayed with our friends, the Voss'.  It was so much fun to see them and their boy Ezra!  We went to the fair on the very first day, which was fun because it wasn't too crowded, but a there weren't any new baby animals to see and we missed the presidential candidate stumping.  David was REALLY bummed about that.  But we loved the fair: the food, the animals, the shows, were all great.  We decided to make it an annual tradition.

One afternoon I was tired during Annie's nap so I laid down on the couch.  Before I fell asleep, I thought, "Maybe I better turn on a movie for Mason and Kate so they don't get into trouble.  Nah--they are just playing downstairs, having a good time, and they don't need more screen time."  I woke up to find that they had pulled a Rapunzel-and-Flynn-hack-job on Kate's hair.  
Before and After the salon
  

 David has found a nice way to do daddy-daughter time with Kate.  She loves putting money in the donation bins at Wal-Mart, and so he got $5 worth of pennies from the bank and he will take her over there and deposit a whole roll in.

D went to a Chiefs game.  


  Random pictures

 
  


  

  



 Mason is getting into Legos!   

 

A visit to Story-time land at Crown Center
Chick-a-chick-a-boom-boom tree


No comments: