Friday, September 29, 2017

June

June was a big month!  But first of all, how great are these kids?



 Kids riding their bikes to SUMMER school--Julie thinks it's fun to put on helmets, too.  Kate was not a huge fan of her summer school teacher and went less than half the time, but it was good to get used to the staff and the layout of the school and whatnot.

 

San Diego Trip













 

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

Some highlights of the trip were: the smelly but inexpensive rental van, kayaking on La Jolla beach, the Los Padres game, body surfing, the outdoor museum that we went to but the kids had meltdowns, the spa parties with cousins, and losing my ipod.  During traveling, Annie got really good at this Octonaut game and made it to the moon to everyone's surprise and Mason's disappointment for her beating his high score!



 SWIMMING!
We did lots of swim lessons, which was a great way to force us to get to the pool and use it.




 DAVID'S 34TH BIRTHDAY!





 When I asked the kids what we should give Dad, Kate said, "I know!  Dad's favorite thing is hugs so we should wrap ourselves up and then give him hugs for his birthday!" I also got him a box of "34 memories with you" as an homage to my first birthday gift I gave to him 10 years ago--"24 things I love about you."


 Movie night for the neighborhood--they watched "Moana."

I also raced in the Topeka Tinman.  I drove down by myself through a horrible storm, it was a very windy day, but I placed first in my age division--woohoo!  I was awarded a large mug.

No comments: