A few last pictures of Bear Lake and Lava Hot Springs...
Aspen Grove! We went in with high expectations and IT DELIVERED. My kids said this was arguably better than Great Wolf Lodge, so mission accomplished. My kids loved their age groups they trooped around with, and David and I got to meet so many cool people and participate in some fun activities, plus have plenty of down time to just relax and read. I actually got emotional watching the kids do their skits with their groups on the last night of camp. Watching my children perform with brand new friends, performing on stage . . . they just thrived. My parents got to come visit one afternoon, which was a great way to say goodbye to them as they go on a mission to South Africa.
Food for a wide variety of palates.
Back home--we love our amazing neighbors and friends. Just this weekend, I was thinking how grateful I was for friends who give my kids carpools to sporting practices, offer to watch Grant while I go to class, let my kids play at their houses, host movie nights, put together crafts, buy cookies from my girls, invite Kate to sell her creations, give my kids candy, and just generally help them feel special and important. (Also, Kate and Julie were wrestling and Kate's elbow knocked out Julie's tooth. It was already loose but still a shock.)
I've been taking kids out on one-on-one dates this year per my New Years Resolution to try and get some more individual time with each of the kids, and we have all loved it. Julie's favorite place to go is Olive Garden for their breadsticks and macaroni and cheese.
A few last-minute summer activities: Worlds of Fun, going to the zoo, going on a bike ride at Cabin Fever Trailhead, end-of-summer neighborhood party, and Chiefs game.
School starts! Mason and Kate are at Discovery Middle School (8th and 6th) Annie and Julie are at Liberty Oaks (4th and 2nd) and Grant will start preschool after Labor Day. I took some kids out for ice cream after the first day of school. Mason is doing cross country and Kate is going to audition for the Aladdin play!
Date night with our friends--we escaped the room in record time and had time to get ice cream afterwards!









































.jpg)








.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment