
Since the beginning of June, I've been pestering David about what kind of cake he wanted for his birthday. I finally decided for him--German chocolate (my favorite). This is my first attempt to make David's bday cake. . . I was pretty proud of the two cake layers, but the frosting was reeeaally runny. You can see how the yellow frosting slid all the way off the cake, off the platter, and onto the counter. It was messy. I had to remake the frosting, and we didn't get to eat the cake until later that night, but it was really good when it was all over! (David is actually eating the leftovers as I type.)
Here is David blowing out his candles. I thought all 25 huge candles on the cake reminded me of Sleeping Beauty's cake where the fairy tries to put the candles on and they slip off down the broomstick--basically, the candles were melting everywhere and falling off. . . having 25 candles on your cake is a lot of work!
He huffed, he puffed, and he got them all in one breath. Good job, hun.
Happy birthday David! Here he is with some of his presents--a new set of scriptures, balloons, and cake. He also got a few shirts, air fresheners, a road map, a lantern, a new cell phone, some CDs, the movie School of Rock, and some other gifts from our family. Thanks everyone! We had a great day.
5 comments:
Hi guys! This is your lovely sister Brooke Pierce. Heather I had to leave a comment and say your cake looks lovely! It made me smile.:) I bet it tasted awesome. David- I hope you had a great birthday. You deserved it. Love you guys.
-Brooke
hehe! I loved your updates! So fun to see your pictures of Cali!! That'll be a great memory for you two. David - I hope you got the text we sent to heather's phone for you - we wished you a good one. I'll be seeing you, heather, tomorrow. LOVE YOU GUYS... and your guts.
Happy birthday and I am so glad you had fun in California! We wished we could have gone with you. I am excited for you guys to move near by!
Happy Birthday Dave!
-Mike
Dave, I'm so glad there is finally someone who understands what the pregnancy glucose test is like. I mean, I've talked to other girls but it's so much better coming from a guy.
Post a Comment