Tuesday, August 5, 2008

And here we have Idaho . .

So last last weekend, David and I went to Idaho because we were registered for the Burley Spudman! I did the race in 2 hours and 43 minutes--the exact same time as two years ago--but I felt twice as good afterwards. I felt great, besides my feet, because when I set my tennis shoes out the night before the race, they got soaked during the night . . . so I was running with damp shoes and it tore my flat -footed arches pretty bad. David was going to finish the race as a team, doing the swim while my brother Garrett did the bike and Greg ran. However, my brother Greg got sick that morning (perhaps from the spaghetti dinner from the previous night . . .?) and David ended up doing the running leg, too. He had never run six miles since last Pioneer Day for the Salt Lake races, but he finished the leg in great time! In fact, they placed first in their division!! (Mens, combined ages less than 75). . . . . (We should probably mention that they were the only team that showed up for that division . . . ) But David might be getting a trophy of a Spudman to show off. Not only was the race day great, we also had the best time being with my family, on the river and going to the open house for the Twin Falls temple. Here are some pics. And I wish I knew how to upload videos, because I got some good ones of David wakeboarding and finishing the race.

David and I went to visit the falls at Twin Falls--it was beautiful . . . and very bright. We went there and also to Disney's WALL-E. We loved the movie. I thought it was ingeniuos how the producers were able to make such a large part of the movie with very little script. For the first good chunk of the movie, there is no talking at all. I also thought the romance between WALL-E and EVE (or was it EVA?) was darling. The plot was a little weak, but I still liked it. I thought the references within the movie were fun to catch--especially the autopilot resembling HAL from Space Odyssey: 2001, and the different ages of art during the credits. Thus Spake Zarathustra when the captain of the ship was standing up was a little cheezy, but it still made me laugh.


David is ready to take on the Snake.

David and me after the race. Phew!

While we were boating with my family, we stopped at a friend's house to play on their water trampoline and other inflatableness-fun. Here is a picture of David trying to slide across this blown up appendage to the trampoline.

Me, my nephew Ike and his mom (my sis) Marissa

7 comments:

Brooke and Brighton said...

Such cute pictures!! The water looks fun and your race picture makes me want to get out and do a race!! I am glad you guys had fun and congrats to both of you!

-Brooke

Michael B said...

Great job on the Triathlon... Annie really wants to do the Spud Man... Loving the picture of Dave with the swim cap... classic...

Krystal said...

So I tagged you on my blog....Enjoy! (if you want to)

JILL said...

Congrats on the spudman. Maybe we can join you guys in it next year. It was so fun to have dinner and visit with you while we were there.

Michael B said...

Wow! I love that you did the spudman! Way to go! I am going to do it for sure... we'll see if I can get ready by next years race.. if you know what I mean.

Jill and Levi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill and Levi said...

Heather!
Very impressive finishing the Spudman, or even signing up :) It was good to see you a few weeks ago. Hope all is well.
Jill