We LOVED the movie! Afterwards, we ate lunch at Applebee's, one of Dave's favorite resteraunts, with a gift certificate I gave him for Father's Day. We did the 2 for $20 Applebee's deal, which got us an appetizer, two entres, and since it was Dave's bday, a dessert. What a deal.
Village Green had an Xbox Halo tournament from 2:00 PM--2:00 AM on Saturday. (It was originally only supposed to go until 10:00 PM, which I thought was still crazy long, but you know how those things are.) So when we got back from eating lunch, Dave went to play Halo and I helped a friend, Mos, get some egg rolls ready for a barbeque we had scheduled for dinner that night. The barbeque was delicious; afterwards, Dave had such a good time playing Halo that he went back to the tournament, while I went to a "girl's night" that had been intentionally planned for the wives while the husbands were gaming. We watched "Confessions of a Shopaholic"--I'm usually not that big into chick flicks, but I actually really liked this one!
Finally, at 11:30 PM, Dave officially blew out his birthday candles. What a day!On Friday night, I dragged David to a Shakespeare play with me. Omaha has something called "Shakespeare on the Green," where every year they put on one or two Shakespearen plays outdoors and give free admission to guests. It was a little similar to Cedar City's Shakespearean Festival. That night, they performed "Macbeth." Macbeth hears a prophecy from three witches that he will one day be king, and with the encouragement of his wife, he murders the current king to make it happen--the rest of the play deals with their disintegrating sanity and efforts to cover up their crime and keep their slipping hold on the crown. We both enjoyed everything--the weather was perfect, and we had great seats.
5 comments:
ow that looks awful. Glad you guys are having fun. that play in the park looks so fun, we'd love something like that!
Dave, we thought about you on Saturday - it's also Annie's Dad's Birthday and of course the anniversary of Joseph Smith's death... Anyway, sounds like you guys are doing great, Happy Birthday Buddy!
Glad Dave is recovering from the sting and Happy late Birthday! Sounds like the only thing that could have made it better is... absolutely nothing!
Hey heather! Looks like you guys are enjoying Nebraska. Hope things are going great! Let me know if you ever come home. I'm just a short two hour drive :) Jill
Hey, that is some pretty bad luck! I can relate...I react to mosquito bites like that fairly regularly. It's miserable. Happy b-day Dave. Glad to see all is well with you two.
Post a Comment