Monday, February 22, 2010

Mason Lee Yates








Thank you everyone for all of your offers for help, phone calls, texts, and prayers. We have certainly been blessed and have felt surrounded by support.

Our due date was February 14, (Sunday), so we got a scheduled induce date for Thursday, February 18th. I wasn't looking forward to that, because I heard being induced is pretty intense. On Wednesday afternoon, then, I was surprised when all of my pre-labor contractions that I had been having that week started becoming stronger and more regular. By the time we checked in to the hospital on Thursday morning at 7:00 AM, I was already 3 cm dilated and our doctor said to just see how things went! Things just were a little slow though; although they broke my water and I kept trying to walk around and keep moving, by the time 5:00 PM rolled around, I had only made it to 5 or 6 cm. I asked for an epidural and pitocin at that point, and David and I were sure things would pick up, but I was only at a 7 by midnight (although the baby was slowly dropping lower and lower). More pitocin! Finally, by about 4 AM, the nurses felt I was about ready. The doctor was doing another surgery at the time, so by the time we were all set up to push, it was about 5:30 AM.

Mason was born on Friday February 19th, 6:33 AM, weighing 7 lbs 14 oz, and 21 1/2 inches long. We were sooooo grateful to have a healthy little boy! It was a very long day but it was all worth it and we love him so much already. We feel we have been blessed in so many ways throughout the whole ordeal.

9 comments:

Brooke and Brighton said...

Brighton and I are so excited for you. As if we have not said that enough already. :) I can't wait to hold him. I hope you are doing well and feeling well. I am glad Mason is healthy he looks so cute!!! Congratulations on being parents! You will be amazing!!!

Katie Lane said...

oh that is too long to be in labor.
Congratulations to you both! He is cute. He's so alert, great pictures with his eyes wide open. Enjoy the next little while, it will go fast, even though you feel like you'll be stuck in this phase for the rest of your life.
Can't wait to meet him!

Kirsta and Morian said...

Wow, so long! Both the day and Mason!) He is darling! You guys did a great job! Too bad we're not around to meet him in person! Good luck figuring everything out and enjoy your precious little boy!

Michael B said...

Congrats! We are so excited for you guys! I bet he has Dave's appetite!

Barbie said...

Heather and Dave! Congrats you two! Those are great photos. What a sweet little guy. Can't wait to meet him one day. Hope you're all doing well!

Ostler & Co. said...

Congratulations!

Chelsea and Cody said...

So glad that he is here safe and sound. Congrats!

Erika said...

Congrats! He looks so bright eyed and adorable!

Bryce and Kathleen said...

He is adorable! Congrats! Maybe we'll have to make a trip up to Omaha to visit before we leave Oklahoma...if we ever do. :)