Sunday, May 9, 2010

Finals, Zoo, Blessing, White Coat, Mother's Day

David finished another round of finals two weeks ago--here is him studying powerpoints and more powerpoints. Congrats on finishing hun!

(He doesn't always smile when he studies. Only sometimes.)
To take a break, we took Mason to the zoo.
We are looking at the river otters here.


We blessed Mason at the Taylorsville Whitewood ward on May 2nd. David did a Wonderful job. Mason looked very handsome. It was SO great to see family and friends. On the way to Utah, I was wondering if we should have just stayed home to bless him instead of putting Mason through a 15 hour road trip to Salt Lake (the last hour consisted of him and me just crying in the back seat). But on Sunday, being surrounded by all our family, I felt it was worth it.

We got to stay in Salt Lake for a few days, and highlights included David and I taking advantage of great babysitters and taking off to see How to Train Your Dragon, watching TV, I went and got a pedicure, and we also just loved playing games and hanging out with family.

We came back from Utah in time for the 2nd year dental students' white coat ceremony! It was kind of neat to see all the students be given their white lab coats--it is important because they will be wearing white lab coats as doctors to treat their patients that come into the clinic.
David getting the coat.
Mason was a little tired. Poor fellow.

Happy Mother's Day to all you women! David and Mason made my day pretty wonderful: Mason took a morning nap to let me sleep in a little and went to bed early so David and I could hang out, David made breakfast (german pancakes), lunch (pulled pork sandwiches) AND dinner (chicken fajitas), did the dishes, and gave me some really thoughtful gifts: a small stereo so Mason and I can better listen to our music, some flowers for our porch, garden gloves and a spade I can use for the garden, and a very lovely note :)



I have been given FABULOUS mothers, grandmothers, and other examples of mothers like all my sisters and aunts. Your influence on me has helped me and is still helping me become a better woman/mother. I appreciate mothers especially now more than ever now that I have become one. It is very special and I know I am very fortunate to have Mason.

3 comments:

Kirsta and Morian said...

It was so great to see you guys and I'm glad were able to be there for Mason's blessing. And Happy Mother's Day!

Michael B said...

It was a lot of fun seeing Dave last week! I'm sad that we missed the blessing... Anyway, it will be fun to see you guys this summer.

JILL said...

Love the blessing pictues! You look beautiful as always Heather!