Saturday, June 28, 2014

June

I came home from a lunch with Ann and David had taken the kids to the store and came back with some goodies--swimming pool, bubble machine, water guns, etc. 
 



With the warmer weather, Mason really enjoys going on bike rides with David and we decided Mason had finally outgrown his strider bike.
 

The  Topeka Tinman
If it weren't the state capitol of Kansas, I don't think there would be much going on in Topeka--it's a pretty small city but don't let that fool you about how serious the athletes are that turned out for this race--David felt really out of place in his walmart swimming shorts and my bike.  He didn't finish last though!  His friend Dan talked him into competing this year, and it was so much fun we decided we both want to do it next year. 


 
David turns 31
David had to work on his actual birthday (Friday, June 27), so the day before I surprised him and took him to Worlds of Fun to ride the RipCord.  SO SCARY. When he got home from work the next day, the kids and I had a birthday surprise for him in the backyard:

 When we were in San Diego last fall, we picked up this shade tent and I was able to set it up in 5 min and put up some lights and balloons... Anyway, the kids had fun helping to put everything up and playing in the tent and it was nice weather.
Mason and Kate also helped me make David's bday cake--Chaco's Delight (Oreos, vanilla ice cream, chocolate syrup. Very easy and Very good).


 Kate was really excited to give David Bananagrams for his birthday.  This morning, they were playing with the letters.  I asked Mason what his super long word meant, and he said, "a really tall ostrich." 

 Evolution of fingerpainting:
 



 A Day Out with Thomas the Train
 
 
The kids were really excited to see a life-size version of Thomas the Train.  However, it was an hour drive, pretty expensive to get a ticket to ride, it was Super muddy, hot/muggy, crowded, and the kids were cranky. 
 
 
 

Father's Day
 

 A rare morning snuggle with ALL three.  I LOVE MY KIDS.

 Oceans and Worlds of Fun



 This also happened last month. Hm.

One day we were planning on going swimming but got rained out, so instead we went to the Crown plaza and saw some train models and went window shopping. A really nice model train supervisor let the kids go behind the wall and touch some of the models. 


No comments: