While there, we also stopped by some Mormon history sites: Independence = Garden of Eden and future site for Zion, Liberty Jail = where Joseph Smith spent 6 months during the winter while the Mormons were being driven from Missouri, and Adam Ondi Ahman = The place east of Eden "where Adam dwelt" after the fall.We didn't get a chance to visit some other church sites: cemeteries, famous people's houses, Far West, Haun's Mill, or Zion's Camp, but we hope to if we go to Kansas City again. We were able to visit the temple at Independence by the Church of Christ, and it was neat to see their museum and their auditorium.


6 comments:
Sounds like a fun little trip and a great new camera! We hope you guys are well!
Happy Extra Early Birthday! Heather, you are looking great!
The baseball game looked fun! I bet visiting the church sites was special too. Next time we visit that is what we should go see! Hope you guys are doing well!
p.s. I love your shirt in the pictures.
p.p.s. I love the facial hair David!
Sooo nice to see an update on your blog and to hear and see your latest adventures. Heather you are a very cute Mommy.....Sounds like you had a fun Labor Day! Love you and miss you.
I am so glad you were able to get a new camera. It is always so fun to see you both. Love you both
Post a Comment